Just A Girl In The World

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snuck up on me...

So it seems this year that Christmas has really come quickly... At one point, I thought I was on my way to putting my Christmas shopping list to bed early as I started early, but with less than a week to go, I still have a few people left on my list to shop for...

My mom came into town to put up the tree and decorate with us on December 4th, but it just hasn't felt like Christmas with all the warm weather and no snow. Work has been so hectic and I was under the weather for a week with the flu, so it just seems like everything lately has been a whirlwind of catch up. I took my niece to a Christmas party at the beginning of the month that included a trip to sit on Santa's knee for her to wish for her *big* present which we then had to hunt for to make sure 'Santa's elves' would be able to deliver on.

I sent out my first batch of Christmas cards last week for those on my list who I knew where their addresses were, but for those who moved around, I've just finished them tonight to be posted tomorrow. I know a few will only arrive after Christmas, but I really do believe it is the thought that counts!

Ah well, hopefully a glass of eggnog, some favorite Carols, and a 4 year old will be able to put me more into the Christmas spirit.

Happy holidays, dear friends near and far, may peace be with you for 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home