Just A Girl In The World

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida


Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Originally uploaded by rowann.

March has come into Ottawa as a Lion and left us with some snowy, windy weather.

Ottawa is known for it's cold weather. It isn't uncommon to have days where the windchill places the temperature at -45 degrees celcius. On these days, it is hard to get out of bed, nevermind drag myself to work.

So I guess in the last few days of blustery winter weather, I am not surprised to find myself dreaming of warmer places.

This photo is from my trip to Florida in November 2001. On this visit down to see my boyfriend at the time, my best friend went down with me to spend the week at the beach.

It was an interesting trip to say the least. And to this day, one of my more fonder memories of my time spent in Florida.

Mhmmm... Just looking at this picture my best friend took while we were on the beach makes me wish I was there. Playing in the warm sand, letting the warm, clear, blue water wash over my body and the golden sun warm my skin.

For the longest time, I thought I would end up living in Florida. My boyfriend at the time lived there, and while visiting him, I fell in love with the beautiful scenery, the palm trees, the lizards, the way strangers would just come up and talk with me because they could tell I wasn't a local from my sunburn alone...

I guess one of the reasons I loved being in Florida besides the lovely sunshine, was that I felt free.

Free to make choices I wouldn't normally choose. Free to enjoy what it was like to just be me. Without any worries, without any distractions, just time to enjoy the company, the sunshine and the beautiful seaside.

I learned so many things about my self during my visits... And even in the turmoil of the relationship finally coming to an end, I still love my Florida memories and the lessons I learned about life in my southern journey...

So I look forward to one day returning and letting the sunshine warm me one more time.

Let's hope March leaves like the lamb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home