Just A Girl In The World

Monday, April 18, 2005

Dawn of a new era...

Yesterday I was 29 years old. I felt invincible, ready to take on the world and whatever it threw at me.

And I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day to celebrate my birthday. Although it is a Monday, which has never been my favorite day of the week; I couldn't ask for a lovelier day. The sun is shining, the clear blue sky has a few light puffy clouds wandering by.

So now, I am 30 years old. With the passing of one day, I feel a million years older. Seems silly, but I guess it comes down to how concious I am that my youth is beginning to leave me, that I must make the transition to full adulthood. Now this does not mean I must never feel young again as I do believe you are only as old as you feel. To me, it means I must finally stop procrastinating and begin to create the better life that I am always telling my self I have time for tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.

The time is now. So I must pick up the torch to light up my life. Aging is never easy, but if you learn just a little with each year that passes, perhaps we can grow into people who can be comfortable to be ourselves in our own skin.

For I want to be able to say I have a full life, rich in love, happiness and laughter. I want to be able to live my life without regret, to be so sure of my path that those nagging thoughts of what if never even come to mind.

In turning 30, I can say I am close to being at peace with my self. I thought I would have known so much more by now about my purpose, of my true calling for I have always thought I might be meant to do something great. However, I think what I have learned is that there is nothing great that matters if you are not surrounded by people you love.

In turning 30, I wish I could say I have loads of wisdom to impart, but really all I've learned is that the road is ahead and just about to begin... Perhaps if I follow my heart I will see that nothing is really far from within my grasp. For if I've learned anything, I've realized that the faltering only comes from doubting what I am capable of.

So hello world at 30, here I come!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home