Just A Girl In The World

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Words Left Unsaid...


Return To Me


As the sun casts shadows that fall across the front steps
I sit and wait
Wondering when he'll return
If he is ever coming home again
Some days I'll hear his voice sweetly calling my name
I feel his presence at times
Yet when I turn around, no one's there
And I am left all alone
The wind echoes your laughter
Everywhere I see remnants of you
What happened to make you leave me ?
I miss you listening to my prayers
Helping me to believe dreams can come true
I need your strong silent strength
To guide me through the tears
I wonder if you hear the wishes I make on the stars
Of if you know how much I love you
Words not spoken often enough
If I had forgiven your mistakes then,
Would you be here with me now ?
If I tell you how sorry I am,
Sorry I did not understand
I was just a child wanting her father's love
As I look in the mirror,
I no longer see your little girl
Staring back at me
But your daughter, a grown woman
And although no longer a child,
I still wish you would come back to me Daddy
To fill the ache missing you inflicts on my heart
And I realize yet again that you'll never arrive to greet me
As I wait upon our front steps.

~ chp ~

Miss you now & always Daddy, RIP December 19th, 1990