Just A Girl In The World

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Rememberance Day

Lest we forget... what do those words mean to you ?

My grandfather was active in the war. And only once my father passed away, did I really know anything about his years of service. I am thankful he survived unlike many others who served our country in those times. And I really wish he had shared more about those times, as painful as his memories may have been; I definitely appreciate Rememberance Day more than some due to my Grandfather.

He passed away in February, and not a moment goes by when I don't miss him. He was a pillar of strength to me, always full of love for those around him.

Compassionate, kind, & gentle; I cannot think of him as a man of war. But indeed, he stepped forward to do his duty and for that I am thankful. I try to appreciate his efforts as part of the plea for peace in such a craZy world.

And this morning, during my moment of silence, I wished for peace to find a way to thrive each and every day. For I know in my heart, my grandfather was not the only veteran that would agree the best way to honor their memories would be to Never Forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home